- Axon requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
You will perform CMM dimensional inspections, visual inspections, and testing of incoming, in-process, and finished products. You will use various measurement devices to ensure compliance with engineering specifications.
- Operate and program OPTICAL/TACTILE CMM equipment like Zeiss OIS-322/Calypso, Contura/Accura, Keyence LM/IM, or OGP Flash 300/500 to provide measurement analysis for incoming parts, in process,d, and finished goods
- Conduct FAIR and PPAP dimensional reports to evaluate new or modified parts
- Generate OPTICAL/Tactile CMM programs to make repeat inspections more efficient
- Read and interpret CAD models and prints to provide dimensional analysis for CAPA investigations to aid in root cause analysis
- Manage the CMM equipment, including maintenance, calibration, and readiness of equipment
- Assist in sustaining Critical Quality processes via training and providing accept/reject samples to manufacturing
- Provide daily checks of processes to ensure they are operating in defined ranges, verify measurement data/routines and reactions to checked data
- Assist in providing specification reviews, and assist in containment of non-conforming parts
- Work with Calibration tech to get gauges/measurement devices cycled thru the calibration process
- Gather information to initiate Corrective Actions requests for supplied or fabricated parts and assist in CAPA, NCMR, and MRB processes
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs summarizes re-work and waste and inputs data into a quality database
- Undergraduate degree in Technology/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years Quality/Manufacturing experience, OPTICAL and TACTILE metrology experience
- Minimum of 3 years working level experience measuring and programming with CMM Zeiss OIS-322, Contura/Accura, Calypso software, OGP Flash 300/500, or Keyence LM/IM series
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word for data entry and editing of documentation; experience entering quality data into SPC system; experience with measurement devices
- Proficient in reading and comprehending drawings and specifications as well as interpreting required measurements from dimensioned prints; ASME 14.5Y GDnT proficient
- Trained in six sigma methodologies, or certified in Green Belt, or Zeiss certifications
Don't meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you're excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Mon. - Fri.