Micron Products is a world-class contract manufacturer for the Medical Device, Defense, and Life Sciences markets. Established in 1978, we are in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Our specialties include Precision Machining, Thermoplastic Injection Molding, Mold Making, and Sensors. We offer competitive benefits as well as generous time off programs!
ICNC MACHINIST JOB PURPOSE
Operate computer-controlled machine centers to perform one or more machine functions.
Micron Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if the machine malfunctions
• Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and size and position of cuts
• Clean and maintain machines, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition
• Insert control instructions into machine control units to start the operation
• Lift workpieces, fixtures, and vices to machine manually or with a hoist or crane
• Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to fix any problems
• Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
• Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs
• Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and workpieces on machines using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
• Remove and replace dull cutters
• Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, or changing tooling, setup, or workpiece placement according to machining sequences
• Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries following all safety regulations
• Work with programmers to troubleshoot manufacturing problems
• Must adhere to all company policies
• Must have a basic understanding of quality management systems related to ISO 13485
• Must have a basic understanding of Work Instructions and their related data collection documents (e.g. run sheets)
- A High School diploma or GED recommended
- Print reading/interpretation preferred
- Minimum of 1-year experience in metalworking
- Experience with Hurco 3 axis, 4 axis, and 5 axis machining
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Benefits: No waiting Period!