Precision Swiss Products is a world-class provider of precision machined components and assemblies for the medical, aerospace, and semiconductor industries. We are looking for experienced machinists to work the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts who will contribute their skills and knowledge to our Lathe department and will be part of our growth! As a Lathe Machinist, you will set up and run the most complex proven, or new parts with little to no supervision as well as assist in the development of new processes.
Materials manufactured: SST, Alu, Superalloys, Plastics
Tolerances: +/-.001 thru to +/-.0001
- Must be able to run, set up, and maintain multiple assigned complex machines (Lathe).
- Verify completion and accuracy of parts to drawing dimensions.
- Maintain machinery and work centers through approved preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist other operators/machinists with machining issues
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring equipment to layout and inspect work.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts of production processes.
- Audit preparations and participation
- 6S Participation
- General maintenance and cleaning of the area
- Occasionally attend meetings
- Sign-up for and attend required training
- Leading and/or assisting with on-the-job training, including observations by colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- Track record of employment success.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to operate, set up, and inspect precision parts
- Firm understanding of machining center theory, including x, y, and z axis, along with edge and centerline pickup.
- Demonstrated ability at operating computer numerical control machines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T.
- Knowledge of 6S and lean manufacturing principles.
- Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Willing to take on new challenges.
- Drive to succeed and work both effectively and efficiently.
- All candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay
Company Programs and Events include Employee of the Month Awards, Annual Holiday Party, Halloween Potluck, Summer Bash, Appreciation Lunches, and many more because besides working hard we like having fun!
1st shift 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
2nd shift 2:30 pm – 11 pm
3rd shift 10:30 pm-6 am