Melin Tool Company
Melin Tool Company, part of Walter USA, (a Sandvik company) and a world leader in producing high-quality end mills and other cutting tools is growing our team!
Key Performance Areas:
As a CNC Finish Cutter Grinder, you will be responsible for setting up and operating various CNC tools and cutter grinding equipment in a safe manner. This includes inspecting tools produced to ensure manufacturer specifications and standards have been met and measuring all specified geometries per print specifications.
We follow CDC guidelines for minimizing exposure to COVID-19.
- Use of inspection equipment including micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- Read and interpret work orders or prints to determine tool specifications
- Perform the first piece and in-process inspection of tools
Operation and set up of any of the following grinders or similar machines:
- ANCA - TG7, TX7, TX7-R, RGX, RX7, MX-7, MX-5, FX7, MG7, MGX
- Rollomatic - 528XW, 620XS, 628XS. 629XW, 529XW, Strausak
- Walter Grinder - Basic, Power, Power-R, Micro, Mini
The CNC Cutter Grinder must possess a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years of multi-axis grinding experience. Experience with Rollomatic, Anca, and Walters 5-axis or similar grinders is preferred along with knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing. The CNC Cutter Grinder has a good knowledge of cutting tools, strong geometry knowledge, and strong analytical troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating instructions, and policy and procedure manuals
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Very high attention to details
- 401k savings plan with auto/matching contributions up to 8%
- Paid Time Off - 3 weeks in the first year
- 11 Paid holidays in addition to your regular PTO.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life and disability insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program - $1,000 per referral.
$1,000 hiring bonus!*
Monday to Friday