Virco Manufacturing is America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of furniture and equipment for K-12 schools.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery and equipment.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction.
- Communicates with supervisors or other co-workers to diagnose problems or the repair process of a particular machine.
- Dismantles malfunctioning machines and equipment, specifies and requests parts as needed (following standards established by the organization) and installs new or repaired parts.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Researches and creates spare parts, performs preventative maintenance and generates tool lists for equipment and machinery.
- Reports breakdown of equipment and machinery, areas of concern and areas of improvement in a timely manner to immediate supervisor and manufacturing supervisor and/or lead person.
- Cleans and lubricates bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Proficient with pneumatics, conveyors systems, hydraulics, and electromechanical devices.
- Performs additional job functions as may be defined by the Manufacturing Technical Support Manager or Supervisor.
- Operates a forklift, scissor lift and other related equipment while following all safety procedures.
- Uses a 2-way radio, pallet jack, tape measure, forklift, calipers, hammer, boom lift, various of other hand tools.
- Daily use of computer.
- Works overtime as assigned.
- A minimum of six years of related experience and/or educational experience.
- Adept in electrical / mechanical / fluid power troubleshooting and repair.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills are required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Able to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to drive a forklift.
- Must pass Virco driver’s background check and forklift driving test.
What you will get:
- Health, dental, vision
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity for growth
- Collaborative work environment
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
1st Shift Position: 5:00am to 1:30pm
Able to lift up to 50 pounds from knee to waist level. Occasionally pushes and/or pulls up to 50 pounds using some type of moving equipment. Frequently bends and stoops. Frequently walks throughout the 8 to 10 hours of the shift. Must be able to withstand 8 to 10 hours standing on a concrete surface. Occasionally climbs up the ladder. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and cold) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.