Our CNC machinists are an integral part of the Muncie Power team. The primary purpose of machinists are to be responsible for producing high quality, precise, and consistent output, while following all established standards, guidelines, and procedures.
$20–$28 per hour, pay based on experience.
Premium shift pay is available for night shift machinists.
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it is the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we have been building trust for more than 85 years with our dependable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company, Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. From accounting and HR to customer service, sales, IT, and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
We pay for the experience, and we want yours. We’re looking for 1st shift, 2nd shift, and weekend machinists to join our team. In addition to climate-controlled working environments, Muncie Power has great benefits, employee growth opportunities, and a history of stability. We’re expanding our facilities in Tulsa and need people to help power the trucks that keep the world going.
To perform this job successfully, the hire must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Provide excellent customer service and collaboration with internal and external customers
• Perform close tolerance machining and setups, and utilize a variety of precision measuring instruments
• Promote safety awareness, enforce appropriate company policies, and assure all policies and procedures are adhered to daily
• Efficiently operate precision CNC machining and/or gear cutting equipment
• Ensure machines and equipment are maintained effectively and in good working order
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and machines to effectively keep in good working order
One (1) year of CNC machinist experience or training preferred
• Ability to demonstrate a basic to intermediate knowledge level of numeric controls, specialized tooling, and other CNC machining technology
• Ability to learn and maintain company policies, procedures, and routines
• Experience in performing setups, tool changes, and finished parts inspection using various precision measurement tools
• Ability to demonstrate a basic level of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and be willing and able to learn other company software programs as needed.
• Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, instructions, and understand tolerances
• Must be able to lift heavy objects on an as-needed basis
• Ability to demonstrate an intermediate level of good mechanical and mathematical aptitude
• Must be flexible to perform a variety of assignments and adapt to changing conditions
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as be able to interpret written instructions and specifications
• This individual may be required to lift items up to 75 lbs.
This position is a safety-sensitive position due to “the operation of a motor vehicle another vehicle (forklift), equipment, machinery or power tools, and/or repairing, maintaining, or monitoring the performance or operation of any equipment, machinery, or manufacturing process, the malfunction of disruption of which could result in injury or property damage.”
Muncie Power Products offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Mon. - Fri.