Personify, a nationally recognized and awarded recruiting firm, is hiring a Mechanical Technician for our client, a global leader in traditional and digital print, print-related services and office products, based in Maple Grove, MN.
Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs production and building equipment within the facility.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting, repair, modification and installation in a printing facility.
- Performs equipment maintenance, lubrication, inspection, adjustments, and parts replacement.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and locates source of problem.
- Dismantles and reassembles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Repairs and/or replaces defective parts.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, mill, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Initiates purchase requisition for parts and machines.
- Performs welding fabrications and welding repairs as needed.
- Participates in periodic training and development programs as required of the position.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
Coordinates projects as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Solve problems independently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals. Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Commercial printing experience a plus. M1000, M3000 Web presses. Goss & Muller Saddle stitchers.
- Required to furnish own hand tools (example: ratchet set, socket set, etc.).
- Minimum coursework in drilling and sawing, milling, turning, MIG, TIG, and cutting.
- Experience as a maintenance mechanic in printing industry on related equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly.
- Primary overtime coverage for counterpart’s vacation.
- Ability to work some Holidays.
Health, Vision, Dental, PTO
8 hour shift