Assists Press Operator with press make ready, operating, and maintaining sheet-fed or web offset printing press. This includes inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, using hand tools and power tools, to achieve pressure required for printing. Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools. Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools. Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press. Assist Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials. Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully. Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product. Ability to use micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly. Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops). Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under guidance of senior level Press Operators.
- Ability to work as a rolltender/feeder on all presses.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as run sheets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as time sheets, waste worksheets, daily production report.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines in an industrial environment exceptionally well, maintain very positive relationships with employees at all levels and willing to “pitch in” without restriction whenever necessitated by production needs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply in all units of measure.
- Good attendance and work history.
- Assure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
- Ability to work any 12-hour shift
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 11 hours per shift
- Visual color differentiation required
Heat Web Offset experience required
Health, Dental, Vision, PTO
8 hour shift