Personify, a nationally recognized and awarded recruiting firm, is hiring a Press Operator for our client, an innovator in the printing industry, based in Hagerstown, MD.
Come work for a company that continues to be at the forefront of providing the best and most innovative solutions for storytellers. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Location: Hagerstown, MD
As a Press Operator, you will:
- Provide proper preparation and operation of the press to include application of ink, plates, blankets, and inline solutions
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to produce accurate color reproduction; adjust and maintain inking and dampening system; make corrections and solve problems as they occur
- Provide proper balance and adjustment of solution mixtures and levels
- Perform image quality checks to include position and synchronization
- Maintain production by loading press with correct grain of paper throughout the production run
- Perform assigned tasks to meet the production and quality standards for press operation
- Report press time and production results accurately
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures including but not limited to following all guidelines for machine guarding, the proper handling of hazardous waste, following lock out-tag out procedures and complying with the use of personal protective equipment, such as hearing protection, gloves, and steel toe shoes
- Develop skills and knowledge of the graphics arts industry and the company’s processes and procedures to be able to assume pressman responsibilities
- Perform other duties as needed
- Experience with Offset Printing
- Experience with 4 Color Process
- Experience with Water Ink Balance
- Experience with Heidelberg Press
Must have experience with offset printing and operation of a Heidelberg Press.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of your shift
- Experience – previous press experience preferred
- Attention to detail, good communication skills, comfortable with computer applications.
- Ability to work in teams or alone and ability to motivate other team members
What we offer you:
- Your safety is our top priority; we use COVID-safe practices in all we do
- Paid time off
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401k with a company match
- Fun and welcoming work environment
- Growing business with a strong future
Work Hours: This is a 12-hour shift, 7:00pm – 7:00am. You work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next week. Overtime is paid after 36 hours.