A leading manufacturer that has been servicing the oil and gas industry for over 75 years is seeking an experienced, hands on Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be a key addition to the company’s engineering team and be involved in many aspects of the business including engineering, quality control, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to enhance inventory management and control.
- Monitor production process flow as well as internal systems and define potential inefficiencies or areas of improvement.
- Support the implementation of necessary manufacturing and procedural process changes required to improve manufacturing efficiency or conform to ISO 9001.
- Monitor and understand customer and industry product standards and specifications.
- Prepare and provide detailed product manufacturing instructions which meet customer specifications to the production floor.
- Enhance decision making processes through implementation of data-driven systems
- Understand the manufacturing process and the resulting effect on product specifications.
- Evaluate industry and customer standard changes in detail and the related impact to company products and manufacturing processes.
- Interaction with customers on technical issues.
- Monitor testing of all materials (tensile testing, charpy impacts, chemistry)
- Support production by making quality decisions on the production floor.
- Required experience in metal/steel industry
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Access.
- Product development and quality assurance experience.
- High energy/self-motivated individual.
- Must be extremely organized and detailed.
- Must be willing to spend time in the shop working with members of the production team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in a metal or steel processing manufacturer.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- BS degree in Welding, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- CAD software experience.
- Prefer some industry experience with welding operations and ASME Sec. IX. but not required
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and relevant industry standards a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Eligible for Monthly Bonus based on company performance
- Annual Bonus based on company and personal performance
- Paid time off
M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm