Marotta Controls, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing technology businesses in New Jersey, specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Founded in 1943, Marotta has been at the forefront of Aerospace & Defense milestones for over 75 years from breaking the sound barrier on the Bell X-1 and landing the first man on the moon to playing a critical role on today's advanced U.S Navy platforms as well as the emerging commercial space industry.
Supply Chain Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting Supply Chain process analysis and improvement efforts. Responsibilities include running cost models to support contract proposals, project activities execution and/or coordination, root cause analysis, change management, process documentation, and training. This role will also be integral to our ERP implementation effort.
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and printers, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing, and foot protection (as required).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise, and vibration
- The temperature of the work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Hours and days of work are 10 hours, Monday through Thursday. Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
This position is at our Montville, NJ corporate office location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on the production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
- Develop & analyze material estimates based on a request for proposal data using prospective customer criteria
- Generate consolidated Bills of Material (BOM) templates for Purchasing to execute formal quotations
- Prepare & maintain historical cost data used to develop material cost estimates, including supplier quotes
- Create proposal packages, including cost summaries and basis of estimate for proposal review
- Update/Organize each proposal folder with relevant POs and Supplier quotes
- Assist with various process improvement initiatives using lean six sigma tools where appropriate
- Document Supply Chain processes and assists in developing training content
- Generate and communicate key performance indicators, metrics and project status to stakeholders
- Learn current processes and systems to effectively document "as is" and "to be" processes
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring tasks and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with others
- Understand the structure and use of indented and consolidated Bills of Material
- Actively participate in improvement initiatives/programs and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals
- Become a super user and assist in the training of personnel to perform required process-related tasks
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Strong Excel skills: Pivot tables, Vertical lookup, conditional formatting, and macros are a plus
- Ensure that the work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Contribute to ERP implementation activities, provide super user support
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Engineering
- Less than 3 years of general business experience is acceptable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green and/or MS Excel certifications are preferred
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and desire/ability to see activities through to completion
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise
- Must be a US Citizen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, or crouch, and move about the facility.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
As a Federal Contractor, Marotta is required to have all employees vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for a religious or medical exemption.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top-quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, paid holidays and flexible work hours with compressed work week options. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments and host several employee engagement events per quarter.
Mon. - Fri.