We are currently interviewing for a Manufacturing Welder in Andover, MA.
Bodycote is offering a $1000 sign-on retention bonus!
Our people are the heart of our business. As the world's largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists, and technicians in the industry. Come join our team!
This very active position will fabricate, joins, and/or repair customer product, capsules, equipment, fixtures, and various types of metal objects and structures using TIG welding techniques. In addition, you will:
- Operate drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes, rollers, hydraulic shears, air tools, and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Be responsible for all equipment and supplies, associated with the weld and machine shops.
- Maintain daily communication with management to review the priorities set forth within the department.
- Promote good housekeeping practices; follow all safety programs set in place.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Follow the established work procedures and control measures (including the use of PPE where issued) and any applicable SHE rules.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
- Experience: Minimum one-year TIG welding experience or trade school certificate with low carbon steel. Experience with other alloys is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge: Operation of drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes, rollers, hydraulic shears, air tools, and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, comprehend rules and procedures and accept constructive feedback.
- May be required to work overtime or weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate in the English language
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Paid holidays and 3 weeks of paid time off.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans for employee and family
- 401k with a 5% company match
7am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bodycote has a longstanding commitment to providing a safe, quality-oriented, and productive work environment and for these reasons, all applicants in the United States who receive a conditional offer of employment must undergo a drug screen before employment begins.