$1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Job Purpose: Welders provide support for manufacturing heavy-duty industrial equipment. The work includes tacking, fitting, welding, and metal fabrication, using a range of materials from thin-gauge to thick plate metals. Welders are required to provide their own hand tools.
Welder Level I (Production) Criteria: Operates arc, gas, MIG, or TIG welding equipment. Works with any gauge metal on a variety of routine parts or assemblies not subject to extreme loads or pressures. Handles all materials at the workstation. Material and methods prescribed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing MIG Welding.
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding to blueprints, specs, and weld symbols.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing visual inspections on completed welds.
- Capability to perform careful and precise welding operations, with a level of excellence, and within strict tolerance requirements.
- An established work record and has demonstrated excellent attendance, high levels of accuracy, a commitment to quality, and satisfactory levels of productivity.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Previous work experience in manufacturing.
- Team player who works to assist others.
- Experience or strong aptitude for mechanical systems.
- Certification from a vocational or technical welding program is desired.
- Previous work experience in mechanics, hydraulics, wiring, engines, or assembly methods desired.
Benefits are available after 30 days.
Mon. - Fri.
Work Environment: Manufacturing Environment. Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, and dust.
Physical Demands: This position frequently lifts heavy objects and/or up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs., walks and stands for long periods of time, and performs strenuous physical labor. The employee lifts push, pulls, up to, or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue, and effectively lifts and carries heavy loads. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand, and arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. It also requires the ability to move arms and legs quickly. The employee must have excellent stamina. Seeing with the ability to read reports, data, statistics, and computer screens is required.
Acknowledgment: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. Incumbents will follow any other instructions occasionally various and perform any other related duties assigned by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish an employment contract and is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace