Our client is a leading global manufacturer of Latches, Hinges, Fasteners and other such hardware. They have manufacturing and engineering facilities all over the globe. This is a second-shift position with a generous shift differential.
Uses a knowledge of client’s manufacturing processes & problem-solving techniques to implement more cost-effective solutions. Performs and contributes to process-improvement in several areas including manufacturing operations of the facility, quality, and lean manufacturing.
- High School Diploma and Basic PC knowledge.
• Ability to learn, understand, and use the Business and Quality Systems.
• Good communication skills.
• 1-2 years Knowledge of Metal Stamping and Injection Molding Manufacturing processes preferred.
• PC knowledge or the ability to learn the PC.
• 2-3 of years of minimum experience in manufacturing.
- Work directly with production supervisors on a daily basis to solve immediate manufacturing problems. Such problems could include set-up procedures, tooling or machine problems, or electrical problems.
• Respond to emergency situations that affect production capabilities and react to get things running and allow us to service our customers.
• Work with manufacturing engineers to implement Singel Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) improvements.
• Work with maintenance to coordinate necessary training and repair of equipment.
• Help set-up people with initial production set-ups, new products and experimental runs.
• Create, issue and implement control plans, setup sheets, Sequence of Events (SOE), Operational Method Sheets (OMS), and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) on an on-going basis, as required, for new products, specials, and existing product.
• Establish processes for new tools using knowledge of materials and tools and their characteristics.
• Responsible for proper performance of inspection duties.
• Work with engineering to supply special products and to evaluate new materials, tools, gauges, instruments, and products.
• Learn, evaluate and help implement any of the tools and techniques associated with lean and cellular manufacturing, including 5S, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, quick change-over, just-in-time, autonomous maintenance, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.
• Timely disposition of non-conforming material.
• Assist Engineering with cost estimates, Initial Production (IP) runs, and prototype requests as needed.
Benefits they offer their employees:
Generous time off – starting at 3 weeks of annualized PTO (first year is prorated based on start date), 9 company holidays plus 2 floating holidays
· 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes automatic 2% contribution of eligible pay plus matching contributions of 50% up to the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute.
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan valued at approximately 4-6% of eligible earnings which includes dividend payments after 3-year vesting period
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA for high deductible health plans
· Company paid Life & Disability Insurance including short term, Long Term, and Life
· Great Tuition Reimbursement program to support undergraduate or graduate programs available to all employees
About SkillSource Staffing LLC
2nd Shift Manufacturing Process Technician - Rochester, NY
Experience in Metal Stamping and Injection Molding manufacturing strongly preferred.