Baker Industries is inviting graduating seniors and other young adults to earn while they learn! Are you technically inclined? Are you looking to start a hands-on career right out of high school? We’re seeking hardworking and curious individuals who are interested in learning a new trade and growing alongside our company to fill apprenticeship roles in CNC machining, fabrication, tool building, and more!
We’re looking for reliable, motivated, and mechanically inclined individuals who would like to learn the tricks of the trade as an apprentice and develop a long-term career as a machinist or tool builder with us. We’re a fast-growing company with many opportunities for long-term growth and professional development.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must be trustworthy and dependable
- Must be motivated, eager to learn, mechanically inclined, and excited to build a long-term career at Baker Industries
- Must possess strong time management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug test prior to start date
- Must be able to pass a background check in accordance with the law
- To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You’ll receive on-the-job training that’s comparable to a technical school or program
- All positions are full-time with opportunities for overtime
- Competitive starting compensation with merit-based raises
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Life and short-term disability insurance
WHO WE ARE:
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from the simple to the complex. With more than 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first-class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the real is limited and the possible immense.
Baker Industries, a Lincoln Electric company, is a custom tool, accessory, and mold manufacturing partner. We currently have 5 plants, totaling about 250,000 square feet in Macomb, Michigan, and we are still growing. In 2018, Modern Machine Shop named us “Top Shop”. We are home to a wide variety of CNC machines and other machining and manufacturing equipment, including the largest 5-axis machining center in North America, the EMCO Mecof PowerMill. We create innovative solutions for ergonomics, light weight, precision and speed. we work with some of the biggest names in the aerospace and automotive industries, both nationwide and internationally.