ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan machining operations by reviewing work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Analyze drawings, blueprints, and design data in order to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Occasionally set up and operate CNC equipment as needed.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers, and fixtures and gauges to check work and perform detailed inspection of parts produced
- Read Instrumentation and gauges to accurately measure dimensions on parts being machined within specified tolerance.
- Wear proper safety equipment and comply with company safety rules at all times
- Associate’s degree in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS, MASTER CAM, FEATURECAM, CAMWorks and/or SurfCam a plus.
- Knowledge of fabricating and machining plastics a plus.
- Quality system awareness.
- Experience with the properties of common plastics used in manufacturing.
- Design experience
- Must have a proficient understanding of G-code and M-code programming.
- Excellent communication skills to convey detailed instructions to the machine operators, and to communicate with customers and engineers regarding designs and drawings.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting CNC machines.
- Good problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Proven ability to successful multiple task in a fast paced, high throughput environment.
RBC Bearings offers a competitive benefit package. Interested candidates may send resumes to:
email@example.com EEO Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
We are a subsidiary of RBC Bearings, Inc. (ROLL). EEO/AAP