Our client is actively seeking Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmers to join their team in the Berlin, CT area
As an Engineer/Programmer you will support Projects and Operations of various CNC multi-axis milling machining centers to facilitate production. Develop processes for manufacturing in accordance with AS-9100.
- Maintain the efficiency of production through machine and process improvement.
- Maintain quality objectives while controlling costs.
- Adhere to and maintain production schedules.
- Develop inspection methods.
- Troubleshoot, help operators to find solutions.
- Layout and develop programs for effective machining.
- Design and determine tooling needed for projects.
- Promote the implementation of verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, travelers, work instructions, process specifications, and sketches, in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals.
- Exercise Good Machining Practices, programming code, tooling, setups, and inspection techniques.
- Train operators to utilize skills needed to maintain quality products.
- Setup and prove out programs before releasing to production.
- Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a 5-axis CNC Milling or Turning Machinist in a production metal cutting environment.
- Full understanding of the operations of the machines.
- Master cam programming for CNC Milling and Turning
- G-code programming – using variables and Macro-B arguments
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
- Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork, self-motivated individual.
- Experience in specialty materials (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome, PEEK)
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to grow with the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Master cam programming for CNC Milling and Turning: 3 year (Required)
- 5-axis CNC Milling or Turning Machinist: 5 years (Required)
- G-code programming – using variables and Macro-B arguments: 3 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)