CNC Programmer – Exempt
Hanwha Aerospace USA has long been recognized as a leader in the development and supply of flight critical Aerospace/Defense components and assemblies. Operating out of four state of the art facilities located in Connecticut, Hanwha Aerospace USA offers growth and career development opportunities to enrich your talents. We are always seeking to hire talented, hard-working, and committed individuals for roles in Operations (CNC Machining, Tool Making, and Fabrication/Assembly), Engineering, Quality and other Support Roles.
We are seeking an entry level 5 Axis CNC Programmer to program using UG NX, develop setup & tooling specifications, and a robust process. As a 5 Axis CNC Programmer, the individual will work with the Engineering team to plan numerical control programs to control contour path machining of parts on automatic machine tools, using computer aided design equipment (CAD/CAM software), with an emphasis on process improvement, using the latest cutting tool and optimization technologies. The optimum candidate will have a strong machining, shop floor background and a desire to advance into an NC programming position.
Location: Based out of Newington, CT, Rotating Components
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Operate technologically advanced equipment and state of the art machinery.
- Analyze drawings, design models, and sketches to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to shop processes, customer specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures and outline sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Write instruction sheets, geometric layouts to outline sequence of operations, and cutter setup to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Revise programs to eliminate instruction errors, omissions, and update programs with new technology/methods to improve efficiency; meet customer delivery dates
- Responsible for the implementation of Corrective Actions on parts that result in non-conformances due to programming concerns.
- Keep reject rates to a minimum
- Practice 5S and abide by all safety guidelines
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
- Document the in-process inspection procedures
- May set tools before positioning them in mill, using precision gauges and instruments. (Zoller Pre-Setter)
- Would be required to assist in program development by running the machine to debug programs written
- Performs other related duties or responsibilities as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Government and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak English at a functional level.
- Participate in training as required
- 5-10% Domestic Travel required
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, and move about our facility
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints in order to operate machinery
- Technical or vocational school courses are beneficial
- Minimum 5 years’ of manufacturing/machining experience
- Must be computer literate with PC and Microsoft software applications & UG NX version 11.
- Knowledge of verification software (Vericut) to build machine components and tools for simulation.
- Knowledge of Zoller Tool Management software a plus.
- Good communication, written, and mechanical skills
- Ability to work and cooperate with others
Hanwha Aerospace USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity or Expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.