Full Job Description
Precision Swiss Products is a world-class provider of precision machined components and assemblies for the medical, aerospace, and semiconductor industries. We are looking for experienced machinists to work the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts who will contribute their skills and knowledge to our Lathe department and will be part of our growth! As a Lathe Machinist, you will set-up and run the most complex proven or new parts with little to no supervision as well as assist in the development of new processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run, set up and maintain multiple assigned complex machines (Lathe).
- Verify completion and accuracy of parts to drawing dimensions.
- Maintain machinery and work centers through approved preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist other operators/machinists with machining issues
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring equipment to layout and inspect work.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts of production processes.
- Track record of employment success.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to operate, set up, and inspect precision parts
- Firm understanding of machining center theory, including x, y and z axis, along with edge and centerline pickup.
- Demonstrated ability at operating computer numerical control machines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T.
- Knowledge of 6S and lean manufacturing principles.
- Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Willing to take on new challenges.
- Drive to succeed and work both effectively and efficiently.
- All candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced and team oriented environment.
Materials manufactured: SST, Alu, Superalloys, Plastics
Tolerances: +/-.001 thru to +/-.0001
- Audit preparations and participation
- 6S Participation
- General maintenance and cleaning of area
- Occasionally attend meetings
- Sign-up for and attend required trainings
- Leading and/or assist with on-the-job trainings, including observations by colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
Pay Range: $52k-$75k DOE
Benefits and Perks:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay
Work Schedule: 1st shift Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm, 2nd shift Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 11pm 3rd shift Sunday- Thursday 10:30pm-6am
Company Programs and Events include: Employee of the Month Awards, Annual Holiday Party, Halloween Potluck, Summer Bash, Appreciation Lunches, and many more, because besides working hard we like having fun!YEAR