Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
- Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
- Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.