GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Prepare food and operate a number of different types of equipment. Trains or operates a variety of equipment in different work areas, taking on progressively more responsible tasks. Able to work with a great deal of independence and demonstrates a good knowledge of various processes. Follows all safety and health standards. Act as a resource regarding processes, procedures, and equipment to other Associates and Trainees. Follows all health and safety standards and enforces the use of PPE’s.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with a high level of independence to Receive foods, Run assembly lines to recipe specifications, follow Good Manufacturing Practices, and meet health and safety standards.
- Has the ability to work across all the work areas, departments, and equipment. Expected to be able to work confidently within at least 2 different departments. Is responsible for equipment set-up, processes, testing, and routine operation. May be required to assemble and disassemble the equipment.
- Package meals in accordance with prescribed processes and procedures. Deviation from normal processes must be approved.
- Rotate and check food ingredients for freshness and quality. May receive products and verify the accuracy of the delivery. Will ensure accurate traceability methods are followed.
- Keep work area/assembly clean demonstrating clean-as-you-go methods.
- Prepares and understands a variety of paperwork associated with raw materials, traceability, packaging, quality, and controls. Responsible for timely completion and accuracy of paperwork.
- May assist Associate Trainees with developing their skills and experience applying processes, using new equipment, championing a project or team effort.
- Ensures all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are followed and may champion the GMP processes. At times may be assigned to other areas other than where they normally work.
- Will be required to use of computer software and electronic equipment to enter data, show receipt of goods, time spent preparing products, equipment used, etc.
- Ensures correct usage of SAP B1 ERP system.
- In coordination with the team lead identifies issues with the product, Food Safety, Quality or equipment, and escalates matters to other departments or to higher levels when needed.
- Performs other tasks and duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Skills and Requirements
- Basic computer skills and the ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of how to operate a ProSeal machine is a plus
- Ability to read, write and speak English; comprehension of basic math
- Willingness and flexibility to work in a cold, wet, fast-paced, 24-hour plant environment
- A min of 12 months of experience working in a manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures, and equipment
- Experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in a chilled food environment is preferred
- Experience / Education Completion of a high school diploma or GED program
- Ability to follow all appropriate safety standards in food production
- Knowledge of basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Learning Agility – the willingness and ability to learn from experience, and subsequently apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to deliver on what is required to advance the company; takes ownership of work from start to 100% finished work, brings others along with focused intensity
- Functional Skills – Possess top-level relevant, usable, experience and knowledge with the ability to establish themself as the best performer in the industry, at their role and level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to a variety of varying weather conditions, trash, waste, chemicals and other materials. The noise level in the work environment and facility can be loud. The employee must be able to adapt to working in an environment that is chilled and where surfaces may be slippery.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting up to 40lbs; pull/push up to 60 lbs, grasp small products, and identify very small variations in the product. Sight is required for observing work and production. May spend several hours using a computer to create reports, analyze data and respond to inquiries and issues. May be exposed to active machinery and moving equipment, food particles, and trash. May be required to use a forklift or other machinery.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other business duties as assigned.
Covid-19 protocols are consistent with State Regulations
Signature Approved By:
Signature Approved By:
At FreshRealm meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect: with family, friends and ourselves. We are a Fresh Meals company, and that’s all we do. We focus on where consumers shop everyday … at retail. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience and Omni channel retailers, regionally, to provide meal destination solutions, and to deliver the very best experience to their consumers. We gather a variety of ingredients from the best sources for our chef-inspired meals so that consumers can enjoy delicious, fresh meals with little to no effort. Our commitment to our retailers and consumers is to continually advance the quality, variety and value of our fresh meals. In an ever-changing world FreshRealm is dedicated to Connecting the people we serve Through Meals. Won’t you join us?