Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
- Make repairs and adjustments to machinery and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components.
- Operate shop tools, equipment, and as many machines related to maintenance as skill level will permit.
- Assist in electrical projects and performs minor electrical repairs.
- Assist in pipe fitting tasks and able to perform some installation tasks unassisted.
- Perform certain portions of repairs to power industrial equipment, assists in rebuilding of related equipment.
- Assist in the installation of new plant equipment.
- Maintain production equipment in good operating condition while optimizing equipment uptime to ensure the safe and timely manufacture of quality coatings.
- Improve reliability and operating efficiency of plant equipment
Conduct preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner to ensure operation of all equipment, in an efficient and safe manner.
- Support site housekeeping and safety programs, maintaining a workplace that is clean and safe.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
- Must have at least two years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or shop environment.
- Understand basic electrical and pneumatic diagrams, familiar with 12 VDC to 480 VAC electrical wiring or circuits and capable of diagnosing 115 VAC control circuitry.
- Experience with performing preventative maintenance and repairs to conveyor systems.
- Must have welding and oxy/fuel cutting experience.
- Must have basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with team members.
- Must have experience with gear boxes, conveyors, screw, bucket elevators and motors.
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation.
What our client offers you:
- Highly competitive base pay.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs.
- Group retirement savings program.
- Health and wellness programs.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.