Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The Maintenance and Facilities Manager provides direction and assistance to the Maintenance work group in order to meet assigned objectives. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will work with defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under Intermittent Supervision:
- Proactively develop and implement preventive & predictive maintenance programs emphasizing effective planning & scheduling for all equipment and facilities.
- Plan, coordinate, and prioritize maintenance requirements in conjunction with the production departments to incur minimum downtime and high reliability.
- Develop strategies for Capital investments for the facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate and oversee contractors or other professional services as necessary and ensure completed work is inspected and conforms to specifications and standards.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and contractors to ensure compliance with applicable codes, contractual requirements, and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain equipment history, repair records, repair frequency, and resource library.
- Ensure all proper permits are acquired, adhered to, and inspected for all projects.
- Enforces a safe jobsite and maintain compliance with company safety plans, Paradigm Precision and OSHA requirements.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean, organized, operational & safe for all team members, customers, and contractors.
- Execute and assist in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the Company’s controlled access and security to buildings.
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Assist with safety inspections, including fire panel, fire extinguisher and sprinkler systems inspections.
- Perform maintenance management on all fronts by supervising maintenance workers and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules and tasks.
- Maintain all manufacturing assets in facilities, monitor equipment inventory, handle purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manage maintenance department budgets.
- Prioritize maintenance tasks and activities to ensure operational efficiency.
- Provide training and development opportunities to all maintenance staff and personnel.
- In conjunction with Quality and Environmental Health and Safety Departments, develop, manage, and maintain quality standards, safety standards, and optimal working standards.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with technicians and staff to train and update them on all changes, such as new electrical systems, computer software, and maintenance techniques, among other things.
Adheres to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adheres to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Other job-related duties as assigned
This job does have supervisory responsibilities.
- 10 + years of industrial maintenance experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing maintenance technicians
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, outside professionals, regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Legally authorized to work in applicable country
Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
Understanding of mechanical power transmission and electrical power or machine controls, mechanical and electrical design, Life Safety Codes, Computerized Numerical Control (CNC), pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, structural engineering, state of the art technology
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.