Grainger is North America’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers’ operations running and their people safe.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
Lead an operations group, within the product team, in the process development, execution and implementation of: the product portfolio strategy; collection, maintenance and deployment of product information; supplier performance/metrics.
- Achieve operational goals and objectives for the product team.
- Prioritize, secure, and manage necessary resources to meet/exceed established operational goals and objectives for the team.
- Accurate implementation and maintenance of developed pricing/cost strategies.
- Collect and maintain product information for the product team across all channels.
- Contribute to supplier performance improvement strategies (i.e. TCOP, supplier EE, etc.), implement tactics and monitor improvement to plan.
- Ensure operations group alignment to Company and team strategies.
- Development of operational personnel utilizing Performance Excellence, training and coaching to meet established team goals and personal development objectives.
- Operations Managers, as “team process users”, are responsible for implementation, reporting and results consistent with proscribed standard processes. Provide feedback to Product Management “process owners” as opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Responsible for various processes as assigned. Responsible for being a “process owner” is defined as, an individual responsible for the functionality of a Product Management process. Inclusive to this are; design, improve, train, define metrics, and gather feedback on the process.
- Ensure compliance to negotiated agreements (SAL).
- Provide ad-hoc field support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or equivalent related experience in operations management, product information or product procurement. Masters degree a plus.
- Possesses demonstrated working knowledge of Grainger business strategies including customer requirements, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies, and marketing strategies. Also demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions…i.e. Marketing Sales, Branch Services, Inventory, etc. (knows the business)
- Demonstrated experience in leading people (3 –5 years), team and personal development and alignment. Sets high standards/expectations for performance. (leadership, developing self and others)
- Demonstrated experience in driving detail oriented results in processes such as supplier performance, information acquisition and maintenance, and process improvement and maintenance. (results driven)
- Proven Change Management skills by inspiring teams to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and identified opportunities, and coaching to anticipate and prepare for change. (change management)
- Models the Company values of Teamwork, Empowerment & Accountability, Learning, having Fun, Ethics & Integrity and Teamwork. Commonly referred to by others as one who leads by living these values. Achieves results without compromising the Values. (lives the values)
- Experience in process improvement resulting in first pass yield, cycle time and/or productivity improvements. (process improvement)
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status