Micron Products is a world class contract manufacturer for the Medical Device, Defense and Life Sciences markets. Established in 1978, we are in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Our specialties include Precision Machining, Thermoplastic Injection Molding, Mold Making and Sensors. We offer competitive benefits as well as generous time off programs!
Mold makers perform a critical role at Micron Products that consists of a wide variety of tasks that are vital to our mold manufacturing efforts. It requires highly skilled hands-on machining capability, a comprehensive background in the mold making process, with good planning and communication skills
Mold Maker Job Requirements:
• Perform hands on machining tasks using blueprints, CAD files, written, and verbal work instructions. You are responsible to operate the equipment in a safe manner and to achieve the required dimensional accuracy.
• Interface with other personnel to assist in the routing, planning, work instructions, problem solving, and expediting of molds and components on assigned jobs. Report and log work time accurately to jobs.
• Develop a plan for your activities, identify risks to completion, establish work priorities, set milestone goals, regularly assess the progress on the job, and escalate issues that will affect delivery.
• Monitor the status of the incoming components of your molds and communicate as necessary with the purchasing team to verify you will have the components when required to meet delivery.
• Assembling the mold and getting it ready for testing. Verify fits and functionality of all mechanisms, sliding components, and cooling system. Complete inspections of the cores/cavities to verify proper seal offs, dimensions, and finish. Troubleshoot issues if they arise and develop plans to resolve. Make adjustments of final fits and components to ensure the mold will perform in testing and production. Document critical dimensions as required.
• Perform mold disassembly/assembly and machining tasks to develop/fine tune molds, repair molds, and make engineering changes. Assist others to complete molds, repairs, or EC’s as requested.
• Participate in continuous improvements efforts to improve operations and mold making process.
Must be authorized to work in the United StatesNA