CNC Machinist – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts!
Fitchburg, MA • Manufacturing
CNC Machine Operator
Micron Products is a world class contract manufacturer for the Medical Device, Defense and Life Sciences markets. Established in 1978, we are in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Our specialties include Precision Machining, Thermoplastic Injection Molding, Mold Making and Sensors. We offer competitive benefits as well as generous time off programs!
I. CNC MACHINIST JOB PURPOSE
Operate computer-controlled machine centers to perform one or more machine functions.
II. CNC MACHINIST KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions
• Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and size and position of cuts
• Clean and maintain machines, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition
• Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation
• Lift work pieces, fixtures, and vices to machine manually or with hoist or crane
• Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to fix any problems
• Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures
• Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs
• Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on machines using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
• Remove and replace dull cutters
• Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement according to machining sequences
• Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries following all safety regulations
• Work with programmers to troubleshoot manufacturing problems
• Must adhere to all company policies
• Must have a basic understanding of quality management systems related to ISO 13485
• Must have a basic understanding of Work Instructions and their related data collection documents (e.g. run sheets)
III. CNC MACHINIST JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma or GED recommended
• Print reading / interpretation preferred
• Minimum of 1-year experience in metal working
• Experience with Hurco 3 axis, 4 axis, and 5 axis machining
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Micron Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits: No waiting Period!NA