Under general supervision, perform high quality-level work in the installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing facility; and perform related work as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical distribution systems including electric motors, electric controls, and alarm and safety systems.
- Ensures electrical systems are operational: performs testing on systems.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs new equipment and systems, including all facility lights and controls.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to National Electrical Code Requirements and reports back to Plant Engineer.
- Assists as needed in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Researches and inventories equipment parts and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Assists and serves as backup to other maintenance employees in the department.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 – 7 years’ experience in a commercial, industrial or manufacturing facility operation setting; knowledge of packaging equipment, conveyors, extruders preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- (Experience maintaining and installing equipment such as PLC, sensors and other automation equipment.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade; computer logic and programming; inspection of, identification and knowledge of all electrical distribution systems (24 volts DC to 480 volts AC); methods and practices following in the maintenance of tools, machinery and equipment.
Nitto is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation and gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.