- Operates and maintains company facility safely and reliably by complying with regulatory requirements, developing and leading personnel, managing costs effectively, and developing personal skills and competencies.
- Medium sized facilities generally include 4-8 people at a single location.
Complies with Regulatory Requirements:
- Operates the facility in compliance with all local and federal governmental regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, DOT, cGMP, etc) and company policies
- Work to achieve our goal of “Zero Accidents” by taking a leadership role in safety
- Maintains and comply with all necessary licenses and permits.
- Provides all regulatory training and maintains documentation.
- Reports and investigates all incidents and ensures corrective actions are complete.
- Ensures that all performance evaluations, hiring, promotions and assignments are free of any form of discrimination (EEOC)
- Keeps plant hazard analysis current and displays thorough knowledge of possible hazards and associated safeguards.
- Adheres to Management of Change procedure.
Operates the Plant Safely and Reliably:
- Fully supports, accurately completes, and maintains all company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures, and documentation as required
- Ultimately accountable and responsible for site safety including employees, contractors, visitors and neighbors. Meets or exceeds company safety standards. Demonstrates strong safety leadership and commitment.
- Implements and maintains the training matrix and Airgas U training for site.
- Owns Key Operating Documents. Maintains updated red-lines at all times. Displays detailed understanding of content and significance of each document.
- Makes plant and process decisions and performs process troubleshooting. Establishes clear delegation of this authority to trained subordinates.
- Fosters positive customer and intercompany department relationships.
- Delivers the quality and quantity of product required by the business.
- Execute predictive and preventive maintenance to eliminate catastrophic failures and unplanned maintenance.
- Develops annual maintenance plans and turn-around planning as needed.
- Sets and maintains high housekeeping standards to exemplify and improve the company image
Develops and Leads People:
- Models exemplary safety behavior, leads by personal example.
- Works to achieve “Zero Accidents” by taking a leadership role in safety.
- Implements and insures compliance to Qualification and Training program for Production Technician
- Conducts an annual performance review with each employee.
- Implements individual development plans annually and provides training and coaching to improve performance.
- Provides candid constructive input to management decisions and actively supports those decisions.
- Insists on adherence to administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Understands, monitors and optimizes operating costs within authorized budget.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce costs within delegated authorization.
- Participates in the Capital Planning Process and the Yearly Expense Budgeting Process
- Controls overtime within established limits.
- Continuously improves efficiency and availability indicators.
- Utilizes national purchasing agreements and frame agreements.
- Technical and working understanding of the Air Separation or Carbon Dioxide liquefaction plant process or applicable process plant industry experience
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants, including Process Safety Management, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations, EEOC guidelines, FDA regulations (where applicable), state and local requirements.
- Strong computer and business application skills
- Trainable on Distributed Process Control (DCS) or PLC operation and troubleshooting.
- Able to deliver and explain training material to operating personnel.
- Extremely organized and effective at time management – able to establish and maintain a plant filing system and control of engineering documents. Ability to read and red-line key operating documents.
- Displays mechanical and electrical aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of commercial agreements and AL customer relations.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- General understanding of accounting principles and working knowledge of plant operating budget.
- Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
- On call nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Occasional travel required – typically 1 to 6 trips per year.
- Willing to relocate for promotional opportunity.
Education and Experience:
- 4 to 10 years process industry experience, equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree an advantage.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability