Full Job Description
Our client is looking for a Punch Press Operator to configure and operate electrically powered presses to cut, shape, and form metal, plastic, or other materials used in manufacturing operations. Performs operations such as blanking, bending, punching, and forming based on blueprints and other instructions. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assemble, install, and align dies in press according to specifications, using feelers, shims, templates, bolts, clamps, and wrenches.
- Adjust ram stroke to specified length.
- Position workpiece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Start press and observe operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Inspect workpieces for conformance to specifications, visually or using gauges or templates, and adjusts machine to correct errors.
- May clean and lubricate machines.
- A high school diploma or GED, required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience operating one of the following machines, required: AMADA punch press, Trumpf punch press, or Laser machine.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting blue prints.
- A desire to learn and master new tasks and have the ability to work with reasonable supervision and with other employees.
- Knowledge in sheet metals tolerances.
- Basic machine maintenance skills.
- Be able to determine what tools are needed and how to change set ups.