Our client a leading aerospace manufacturer is currently searching for an experienced and highly-analytical Quality Control Inspector to join their production department. As the Quality Control Inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations.
The chosen candidate will perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the production process. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Measure product dimensions with various gauges, calipers, comparators, CMMs, examine functionality and compare the final product to the specifications. Must be familiar with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Supervise the production process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.
- A solid working knowledge of GD&T
- Proficient with various measuring instruments – gauges, calipers, CMMs.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Good math and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.