The CMM Programmer/Mechanical Inspector performs in-coming, in-process, and finished product inspection. Uses and programs the Coordinate Measurement Machine with Hexagon/PC-DMIS based software. Assists in the coordination of the rubber compound manufacturing department’s operations and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees by following company safety rules, regulations and procedures. Enforce and adhere to all PPE requirements. Contribute to a Safety First Culture by identifying Risky Situations.
• Use and program, with CAMIO 8.2 and 8.6 software, an LK Metris Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM).
• Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT) drawing requirements.
• Import Solid Models from the engineering design Drafting Group (CREO) to feed CMM program coordinates.
• Perform inspection of in-coming, in-process, and finished product inspection for conformance to quality standards.
• Accurately document inspection, corrective actions taken, process, and other items as required.
• Provide quality leadership, audits, inspections, problem identification and resolution, training, consultation, and technical expertise to manufacturing groups and suppliers.
• Lead and act collaboratively in gathering data, resolving issues, and improving processes.
• Read and work from written instructions; read and interpret blueprints.
• Use both basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
• Use technical math to interpret and to analyze complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables.
• Designated Supplier Quality Representative responsibilities
Position Requirements Include:
• Exhibit a high degree of responsibility with an emphasis on safety.
• Work effectively either independently or cooperatively as a team-member with co-workers.
• Strong computer skills to enter and to retrieve data in the Quality System; Oracle knowledge is a plus.
• Electronically document information in order to better process issues.
• Proven knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Processes, PAPPS, ISO/TS/AS requirements.
• Follow directions from and communicate with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers, and with persons from outside of the organization in a professional manner.
• Working knowledge of basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT).
• The ability to comprehend and to train to the standards of such documents as: work instructions, safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in the English language.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general educational degree (GED).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations in which only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Strong hand-eye coordination.
• Keen attention to detail.
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
The incumbent is responsible for having suitable safety programs in place that will safeguard the employees while at work. Incumbent is further responsible for overall implementation of these programs and adherence to local and Corporate Safety Policies.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT [ADA] & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Incumbent is responsible for compliance with Federal ADA and applicable State law pertaining to individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment relationship within the job scope.
The physical demands described following are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS SPECIFICATIONS ATTACHED
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties or responsibilities.$29hr
About SkillSource Staffing LLC
SkillSource is a leading placement service specializing in precision manufacturing operations both on the production floor and front office. We work hard to find the right complimentary fit for both clients and qualified candidates. We facilitate this by asking not just the right questions technically but the right questions to fit you personally. We have a substantial client base to work with so there is a very good chance we can find you the next step in a more satisfying career. Submit your hard-earned resume today and let us see what we can do for you!