Do you have experience programming, setting up, and operating CNC mills or lathes? Accustomed to new challenges, prototype work, R&D? Are you ready to bring your skills & expertise to an employer who values professionalism and dedication? Then our client wants YOU!
A manufacturer of complex packaging equipment near Irondequoit has tasked us to secure a CNC Programming Machinist to join their team. This is a first shift, direct-hire position, NOT a temp or contract, with competitive compensation and full benefits. Requires a HS diploma or GED plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience setting up, operating, and programming CNC machines (either mills or lathes) with G&M code and/or Mastercam.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Program, set up, and operate CNC mills and/or lathes (including Haas and Mazak)
- Mastercam Preferred
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams
- Set feeds & speeds, select appropriate tooling
- Design/create fixtures as needed
- Troubleshoot/diagnose mechanical problems
- Adhere to all company safety procedures
- Produce accurate and detailed job reports
- HS diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience with CNC machines (minimum 3 years’ programming)
- Proficiency with G&M coding and/or Mastercam
- Ability to set-up & operate machines with minimal to no supervision
- Produce parts to tight tolerances
- Check own work for dimensional compliance using manual devices (calipers, micros, gauges, etc.)
- Troubleshoot electromechanical machine problems
- Perform routine machine maintenance & keep a clean workspace
- $28 – $35/hr. (or more, DOE)
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision options
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Disability (short term/long term)
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Employee Assistance
About SkillSource Staffing LLC
SkillSource Staffing LLC is a talent acquisition agency who serves precision manufacturing clients across the United States.
We aim to place you in a position in which you will thrive and find personal fulfillment. Apply today, we look forward to working with you.