TMC is the world leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs. We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $5 billion.
TMC is seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Manufacturing Engineer to develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of our manufacturing facility on new and existing products. This position requires the creative use of problem-solving and analytical skills combined with proven engineering and manufacturing expertise to provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing problems. Knowledge of product design, metal fabrication, electro-mechanical assembly, machining, tooling, fixturing, and materials will allow for best practices in providing process improvements.
Refine and enhance processes by applying Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing techniques to areas of production. Recommend product design changes to improve manufacturability.
Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout, often working in concert with other professionals to achieve overall process improvement.
Assure product and process quality by developing manufacturing and testing standards and establishing procedures that confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements, and allowing for analysis to determine root causes to enable process improvement.
Specify equipment upgrades and prepare cost estimates and justifications for new or modified equipment to allow for process improvement. Provide project oversight and associated training.
Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety and quality as they relate to the manufacturing process.
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering work, specific experience in metal fabrication and electro-mechanical assembly and test preferred.
- Working knowledge of metal forming and metal cutting machines such as laser punches, water jets, hydraulic brakes, CNC machining centers, and welding technology.
- Proven record of process improvement, lean manufacturing, plant and equipment layout, work simplification and methods improvement (Six-Sigma experience a plus).
- Understanding of electro-mechanical assembly.
- Working knowledge of computer-based manufacturing systems and material handling; i.e. Dynamics AX.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a safe environment.
About SkillSource Staffing LLC
SkillSource is a leading placement service specializing in precision manufacturing operations both on the production floor and front office. We work hard to find the right complimentary fit for both clients and qualified candidates. We facilitate this by asking not just the right questions technically but the right questions to fit you personally. We have a substantial client base to work with so there is a very good chance we can find you the next step in a more satisfying career. Submit your hard-earned resume today and let us see what we can do for you!