Grainger is North America’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers’ operations running and their people safe.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
The Senior Manager, Customer Growth Strategy will identify and research attractive new customer segments for Grainger and develop tailored strategies to drive incremental growth. This role will lead the development of execution plans and coordinate with business units to implement strategic objectives. The individual will lead cross-functional teams responsible for executing a variety of customer growth tactics within the identified new segments, including (but not limited to) product assortment changes, pricing adjustments, customized marketing campaigns and sales force coverage realignment. The goal of the team / role is to help drive share-gain or create multiple $100M+ businesses.
- Conducts in-depth research on new market opportunities to understand market size, competitive landscape, customer needs and capabilities required to win
- Coordinates with internal partners to develop a point-of-view on Grainger’s current offer and identifies opportunities to improve our value proposition within the market of focus
- Presents findings to senior leaders across the U.S. business and gains alignment on growth opportunity priorities and funding
- Manages cross-functional initiatives to develop, test, and scale new growth strategies
- Indirectly manages high-performing team members with strong capabilities in strategic thinking, marketing, analytics, and cross-functional development
- MBA or related Master’s degree
- 5+ years of total work experience with 2+ years of post-MBA experience at top-tier strategy consulting firm (e.g. BCG, McKinsey, Bain, LEK, AT Kearney)
- Strong strategic, research and analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Strong strategic aptitude with the ability to translate strategies to tactics
- Ability to identify, prioritize and structure work that enables development and testing of scalable concepts
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status