Marotta Controls, Inc. is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in New Jersey, specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Founded in 1943, Marotta has been at the forefront of Aerospace & Defense milestones for over 75 years from breaking the sound barrier on the Bell X-1 and landing the first man on the moon to playing a critical role on today’s advanced U.S Navy platforms as well as the emerging commercial space industry.
Our products and expertise range from high performance valves to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conversion systems. We have received over 200 patents for our technologies and support the most demanding applications found on military aircraft, tactical systems, submarines, surface ships, satellites and space launch vehicles. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world including The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, NASA & Northrop Grumman.
Supply Chain Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting Supply Chain process analysis and improvement efforts. Responsibilities include running cost models to support contract proposals, project activities execution and/or coordination, root cause analysis, change management, process documentation and training. This role will also be integral to our ERP implementation effort.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Engineering
- Less than 3 years general business experience is acceptable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green and/or MS Excel certifications are preferred
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and desire/ability to see activities through to completion
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise
- Must be a US Citizen
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Develop & analyze material estimates based on request for proposal data using prospective customer criteria
- Generate consolidated Bills of Material (BOM’s) templates for Purchasing to execute formal quotations
- Prepare & maintain historical cost data used to develop material cost estimates, including supplier quotes
- Create proposal packages, including cost summaries and basis of estimate for proposal review
- Update/Organize each proposal folder with relevant PO’s and Supplier quotes
- Assist with various process improvement initiatives using lean six sigma tools where appropriate
- Document Supply Chain processes and assist in developing training content
- Generate and communicate key performance indicators, metrics and project status to stakeholders
- Learn current processes and systems to effectively document “as is” and “to be” processes
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring tasks and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with others
- Understand the structure and use of indented and consolidated Bills of Material
- Actively participate in improvement initiatives/programs and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals
- Become a super user and assist in the training of personnel to perform required process related tasks
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Strong Excel skills: Pivot tables, Vertical lookup, conditional formatting, and macros a plus
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Contribute to ERP implementation activities, provide super user support
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and printers, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Hours and days of work are 10 hours, Monday through Thursday. Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, or crouch, and move about the facility.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, paid holidays and flexible work hours with compressed work week options. We recognize and reward our employee’s accomplishments and host several employee engagement events per quarter.
This position is at our Montville, NJ corporate offices location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
As a Federal Contractor, Marotta is required to have all employees vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for a religious or medical exemption.
If you are looking to grow or accelerate your career and be part of a best-in-class organization while enjoying a work-life balance, please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply. Check out all our openings at https://marotta.com/job-openings/
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
No agencies, pleaseDOE