ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Sets tooling up according to programmer’s XLS tool lists
- Operates Zoeller presetting machine and Haimer Heat Shrink and Tool Balancing machines
- Uses knowledge of schedule board and job requirements to ensure proper tooling is in place at the machines as needed.
- Removes and inspects tooling at the end of each job
- Calibrates all CNC machines once a month
- Assembles and disassembles tools for use and storage
- Utilizes 5S in the tool room to ensure an efficient and clean environment
- Prepares tooling quotes for purchasing, may order tools as directed by tool room leadership
- Stock, track and replenishes tool inventory in the tool room and on the floor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2+ years previous inventory management experience a must; experience in a tool and die environment preferred. A high level of proficiency with inventory management software is also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Attention to Detail – Performs tasks with care; is thorough making few if any errors by checking work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Communication – Proactively and effectively communicates with both internal and external customers to exceed their expectations.
Customer Focused – Focuses and creates action plans with the end-result in mind for to exceed internal customer expectations.
Problem Solver – Shows insight to the root-cause of problems and develops action-items to prevent future issues.
Planning and Organizing – Proactively analyzes inventory needs to prevent shortages to meet production schedules.